Thursday, May 7, 2009

Seventy-Three Days


Of course my official first blog is going to be about him. The dreaded ex. The love of my life who left me high and effing dry on the highs of love. We'll call him MT. Ha! that actually works doesn't it?! He is pretty empty if you ask me. Empty in the heart and the conscience departments. Ass.

Anyways. This past Sunday I was reflecting on my weekend of shenanigans!! I mean shenanigans!! Event Friday night in Old Town with free booze and appies with the girls to a hole in the wall bar in Arlington to see the best local band which coincidentally consists of my crush, R. then to my hook-up in Arlington, C. Onto The Plains/Gold Cup the next day where R. was again :-) TG.

I'm reflecting by sitting in my love seat (in my favorite Aubergine Hunter boots, tight jeans tucked in, whites layered on whites for tops and perfectly waved hair) reading Love Letters of Great Men and drinking Pinot Grigio. When ALL OF A SUDDEN!I REALIZE!!! I effing REALIZE!!

It's been Seventy days, it's been seventy days! I instantly grab for my inhaler cuz I'm about to have a panic attack.

Seventy days! OMFG how did this happen?! Did this really happen!? Look at my crackberry calendar and literally count the days. yes it's been seventy days since I spoke my last words to MT. The last words said standing in Fort Lee in the rain in front of my car after he told me he didn't want to see me back at his house when he got home from work after all. So I left. Left the house and cried hysterically over the GW bridge to see M in the UWS. She makes everything better. She asks me what happened, she plays devil's advocate and I want to yell and kick and scream that I didn't care. She goes on and on to calm me down and I do. we go back to her studio and drink wine and smoke pot to feel better. When he calls.

MT: what are you doing?
K: What do you mean what am i doing?! You shouldn't care YOU'RE THE one who doesn't want to see me! After almost a year of us you don't want to see me. After I've moved 237 miles away you don't want to see me?!
MT: Babe, com'mon I was having a bad day already, you caught me at a bad time. Just come here.
K: Ugh I can't believe you, I'm at M's. Maybe I'll come over. I'll BBM you.

What do I do? Go there. Have great sex. In my head I knew it was going to be goodbye sex but I didn't want it to be. It was.

Wake up early the following Sunday. We go get bagels together before he has to go to work. We return back to his house. I stand at my car. He kisses me. I turn my head away, tears and black XXX MAC mascara running down my cheeks.

MT: Woah nevermind then. You're crying?! Really K? Just stop babe. Kiss me I have to go to work.
K: (after a blank look and roll of the eye) Good-bye.

That's it. It's been Seventy-Three days now.

No comments:

Post a Comment